Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cop-Out Weekend #1

Hey guys! I have to level with you—I have nothing to write about for this moderately cooler Sunday. I've got things bouncing around in my head, but I have nothing definitively planned out.

I know, you hate me. I'm sorry.

But don't despair! (Because I'm sure these blog posts is the highlight of all y'all's week.) I do have some filler material for you to read. It's some experimental creative writing work—I wouldn't say it's my best stuff, nor my most entertaining stuff to read, but feel free to share your opinions and comments on it. Brutal honesty is appreciated. :-)

I might have some important announcements for next week, on a little project I've been working on for some time now, so stay tuned!

Infuscomus

The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents

--H.P. Lovecraft

Why is it you seek me out? You are not the first, you know, to crave. To crave what you cannot have. To crave what you do not deserve. It is no problem of mine to let you reap what you have sown. Why would I care at all? Your hand shakes with anger, your heart beats with fear, and your mind cries in agony. It's too much for you, isn't it? It is not enough what he did to you, that you cannot torture yourself.

Post tenebras spero lucem1

Do not change the subject. You cannot see light in the darkness, and cannot hope your shroud will be lifted. You are here with a purpose. You are here because you chose to be, not because you want to be. I will do nothing for you without a clear purpose.

Infuscomus2

I will not pity you. Listen to what your mind tells you. Listen to what your tongue tells me. I cannot feel your hurt, you fill me with no empathy. I will tell you what you want to hear, I will give you promises I will not keep, as I dangle a carrot in front of your face. What do you care? You are not even listening!

Pestis cruento. Caedo amor.3

What a pitiful creature you are. If you could understand your own words, I would admire your audacity. I would congratulate you on your choices, on your steadfast determination. Instead, I am subject to your fear and angst, your paralysis. It is not my duty to care for you, for I do not know how. It is not my duty to get you to listen, for I do not speak your language. It is not my duty to grant clarity, for the minds of man are too fragile to know truth.

Nihil Sine Deo4

You were already nothing, before you came to me. Your icons and phrases mean nothing to me. Your formalities and prattling mean nothing to me. The only thing I want is your heart. I want what drives you forward through your time of stress. Give me your motivation, give me what fuels your fear. Determination, steadfastness, love—they mean more to me then anything else, yet few have ever given me that much. Few believe I am capable of all three.

Ego tribuo meus animus5

Very well. You shall have what you seek, if it will cease your endless whinging. You exist among the many unwilling to change, unwilling to accept who they would be if they could let go. I pity those who will endure your wrath, those who become victim to your paltry designs. You will not have mine when the time comes.

Badly Translated Latin:

1 After darkness, I hope for light

2 Blacken

3 Plague with blood. Kill love

4 Nothing without God

5 I give my soul


Hope you enjoyed it! I'll have some real content for you next week.

No comments: